"One mile and three quarters from Hertford, in the same hundred as that town, is the village of Hertingfordbury. It contains the parish church, dedicated to St. Mary; and by the last returns, the entire parish contained a population of 753 persons - being a decrease of twenty-six in the previous ten years."
[From Royal National and Commercial Directory and Topography of Herts, Pigot & Co., London, 1839]
There is a picture (34 kbytes) of the parish church of St. Mary, Hertingfordbury; supplied by Ian Rose.
The Parish Registers for the periods:-
are deposited at Hertfordshire Record Office, County Hall, Hertford, SG13 8DE. [D/P50]
Entries from the Marriage Registers for the period 1679-1837 are included in The Allen Index at Hertfordshire Record Office.
The period 1545-1883 is covered by the IGI.
Transcripts of the parish registers for the period 1541-1951 are deposited at the Society of Genealogists, 14 Charterhouse Buildings, Goswell Road, LONDON, EC1M 7BA.
Find help, report problems, or contribute information.