Hertfordshire Contents Nearby places
"Bovingdon is a chapelry and hamlet to Hemel Hempstead. The chapel, dedicated to St. Lawrence, was some years since improved and embellished: in its interior is the figure of a warrior, cut in soft stone - the head bears a helmet, and at the feet is a lion couchant"
[From Royal National and Commercial Directory and Topography of Herts, Pigot & Co., London, 1839]
The Parish Registers for the periods:-
are deposited at Hertfordshire Record Office, County Hall, Hertford, SG13 8DE. [D/P47A]
Entries from the Marriage Registers for the period 1674-1837 are included in The Allen Index at Hertfordshire Record Office.
The period 1674-1875 is covered by the IGI.
Transcripts of the following parish registers are deposited at the Society of Genealogists, 14 Charterhouse Buildings, Goswell Road, LONDON, EC1M 7BA:-
Sarah Brown has a transcript of the BTs 1604-1674, and the parish registers which the Society of Genealogists holds, and is willing to carry out searches for any entries or for particular events.
see also Hemel Hempstead
Find help, report problems, or contribute information.