"Eastwick, a small village and parish in the same hundred as Stanstead (Braughin), is three miles from that place on the road to Sawbridgeworth. The neat church here, dedicated to St. Botolph, contains a monument to the memory of a knight templar, which has been frequently noticed by antiquaries. In 1831 the population of the parish was 169 - being a decrease, in ten years, of 43."
[From Royal National and Commercial Directory and Topography of Herts, Pigot & Co., London, 1839]
There is a picture (31 kbytes) of the parish church of St. Botolph, Eastwick; supplied by Ian Rose.
The Parish Registers for the periods:-
are deposited at Hertfordshire Record Office, County Hall, Hertford, SG13 8DE. [D/P35]
Entries from the Marriage Registers for the period 1555-1837 are included in The Allen Index at Hertfordshire Record Office.
The period 1555-1879 is covered by the IGI.
Transcripts of the parish registers for the period 1555-1930 are deposited at the Society of Genealogists, 14 Charterhouse Buildings, Goswell Road, LONDON, EC1M 7BA.
Find help, report problems, or contribute information.