"About three miles from Hemel Hempstead, and in the same hundred as that town (Dacorum), is the large parish and small village of Great Gaddesden, or Gaddesden Magna, situated upon the banks of the Gade, a short distance off the road leading to Tring and Berkhampstead. In the vicinity of the village is Gaddesden Place, a modern seat of perfect elegance. The church, dedicated to St.John the Baptist, contains several monuments to the Halsey family, one of whom erected the above mansion. Population of the parish, 988."
[From Royal National and Commercial Directory and Topography of Herts, Pigot & Co., London, 1839]
The Parish Registers for the periods:-
are deposited at Hertfordshire Record Office, County Hall, Hertford, SG13 8DE. [D/P39]
Entries from the Marriage Registers for the period 1558-1837 are included in The Allen Index at Hertfordshire Record Office.
The period 1559-1871 is covered by the IGI.
Transcripts of the parish registers for the period 1558-1896 are deposited at the Society of Genealogists, 14 Charterhouse Buildings, Goswell Road, LONDON, EC1M 7BA.
Find help, report problems, or contribute information.