"Northchurch is a village, in the parish of Berkhampstead St. Mary, contiguous to the above town. It is pleasantly situate on the high road to Tring, and respectable inhabited. The population of the parish amounted, in 1831, to 1,156 persons."
[From Royal National and Commercial Directory and Topography of Herts, Pigot & Co., London, 1839]
The Parish Registers for the periods:-
are deposited at Hertfordshire Record Office, County Hall, Hertford, SG13 8DE. [D/P74]
Entries from the Marriage Registers for the period 1564-1837 are included in The Allen Index at Hertfordshire Record Office.
The period 1564-1875 is covered by the IGI.
Transcripts of the parish registers for the period 1604-1839 are deposited at the Society of Genealogists, 14 Charterhouse Buildings, Goswell Road, LONDON, EC1M 7BA.
The following records for churches in the ancient parish of Northchurch are also available at Hertfordshire Record Office, County Hall, Hertford, SG13 8DE.:-
Find help, report problems, or contribute information.