"About one mile from South Mimms, in the hundred of Cashio, lie the village and parish of RIDGE, watered by the river Colne. The church is dedicated to Saint Margaret; the benefice, a vicarage, is in the patronage of the Earl of Hardwick. Population of the parish, 347."
[From Royal National and Commercial Directory and Topography of Herts, Pigot & Co., London, 1839]
The Parish Registers for the periods:-
are deposited at Hertfordshire Record Office, County Hall, Hertford, SG13 8DE. [D/P86]
Entries from the Marriage Registers for the period 1558-1837 are included in The Allen Index at Hertfordshire Record Office.
The period 1558-1875 is covered by the IGI.
Transcripts of the parish registers for the period 1559-1936 are deposited at the Society of Genealogists, 14 Charterhouse Buildings, Goswell Road, LONDON, EC1M 7BA.
Find help, report problems, or contribute information.