"Wigginton is an adjoining parish to Aldbury, the village being situated about one mile from Tring, in a very healthy part of the county, on a gentle eminence, commanding an expansive and fine view of the country round. The church is dedicated to St. Giles; the living, which is a rectory, is in the gift of the principal and fellows of Jesus college, Oxford. By the returns made in 1831, the parish contained 536 inhabitants."
[From Royal National and Commercial Directory and Topography of Herts, Pigot & Co., London, 1839]
The Parish Registers for the periods:-
are deposited at Hertfordshire Record Office, County Hall, Hertford, SG13 8DE. [D/P124]
Entries from the Marriage Registers for the period 1610-1837 are included in The Allen Index at Hertfordshire Record Office.
The period 1601-1838 is covered by the IGI.
Transcripts of the parish registers for the period 1611-1837 are deposited at the Society of Genealogists, 14 Charterhouse Buildings, Goswell Road, LONDON, EC1M 7BA.
Find help, report problems, or contribute information.